25 October 2009

Ken Clarke’s thoughts on David Cameron

Unlike Ken Clarke, Gyles Brandreth boasts that he was the person who spotted David Cameron’s talents back in the 1993 when he was sacked along with Norman Lamont:

I thought it was a mistake to drop him, so I wrote a memo to the new chancellor, Kenneth Clarke. I said, we mustn’t lose this man, he is gold, and I remember having a conversation with Clarke, who was saying he’s Lamont’s man, very right-wing. I said, no no, he was working for Lamont and therefore reflected Lamont, but I think you’ll find he’s our kind of Conservative, a liberal Conservative. Clarke still dropped him. Wouldn’t be persuaded. Wouldn’t.

Mandy has the perfect quote to use against Ken Clarke when he takes questions in the Commons.

Digg This

No comments:

Post a Comment