20 June 2009

Brown has become ridiculous

Brown has found time to give a lengthy interview to the Guardian.  These jaw-dropping comments were made earlier this month during two long conversations in Downing Street.

From the man that has spend his whole political life undermining friend and foe in his quest to become prime minister:

To be honest, you could walk away from all of this tomorrow." (He often says "you" to distance himself from the intended "I".) "I'm not interested in what accompanies being in power. It wouldn't worry me if I never returned to any of those places - Downing Street, Chequers. That would not worry me at all. And it would probably be good for my children.

Clearly, he should realise that he should not be prime minister in the 24/7 media age.  Note the last phrase:

Look, find weaknesses in me, criticise me for my weaknesses - I'm not as great a presenter of information or communicator as I would like to be - but the one thing people should not say is that I'm surrounded by some group of conspirators.

Moving on to the big fact lie that he does not text.  See here:

"When Damian McBride made a mistake, he was out. He made a mistake and he had to go." But he was notorious for sending abusive texts to journalists. "I didn't know that. I didn't know that. It's not what I do. Anyway, I don't text. But when that behaviour was discovered: out! Gone! Away! No longer working for me. And I think if you look at the people who work in our office ... it's people who've come from charities, academic life, business ..."

Another lie about public expenditure:

But won't everyone have to cut public spending, as governments are forced to tighten their belts to pay off debt built up during the recession? "No. It's a myth. Public spending will continue to rise. It's in our figures. We've costed it, and you're paying more in top rate tax to pay for it."

God knows what he and Balls were doing at the Treasury.  Plotting rather than looking after the economy that is for sure:

People did not know that British, German, Italian, Austrian banks were buying subprime mortgages from the States.

It will be the first quote that gets headlines.  What does he want?  People to feel sorry for him.  Clearly, Mandy and McBride’s (yes, he is back) new strategy is to go for the sympathy vote.

Whatever next!

Digg This

No comments:

Post a Comment