19 February 2010

Brown doesn't know his own country

Brown needs an election campaign more than most.  It will give him a good opportunity to learn about the different regions of the country and how they relate to each other:

Talking about congestion on the roads in Northumberland when he appeared on a phone-in programme on Real Radio Northeast, he assured a listener that he knew the area very well.

“I was in the Lake District for my holidays this summer so I saw a great deal of it and my children and my wife enjoyed being in the Lake District very much,” he said.

Jonathan Morrell, the presenter of the programme, replied: “Yeah, although that’s the other side of the country, Prime Minister. I think what Louise is talking about is Northumberland.”

Oh dear.

Interesting, though, how much he keeps pushing his wife and kids.

Digg This

No comments:

Post a Comment