31 July 2009

Bob Ainsworth and his attempt at motivation

Bob Ainsworth, the lowly Cabinet ranked Defence Secretary, does his best to be as non-Churcillian as one could possibly hope for:

I have strengths and I have weaknesses. I don't pretend to be able to write a great thesis or doctorate - I have no pretensions in that direction.

But I'll tell you what I do have. I have a good feel for ordinary people, for politics, and those are my strengths.

I don't try to pretend I am cleverer than a general or the Chief of Defence Staff but I can bring something else, a knowledge and understanding of Parliament and of civilian life.

Now Bob, could you remind us all about your “understanding of Parliament” and how you were able to use this to maximise your expense claims.  The troops would wish to know.

Digg This

No comments:

Post a Comment