30 January 2009

The ridiculous quotes of Brown and Blair

You do have to pinch yourself sometimes when you read quotes such as these:

Brown at Davos: I want 2009 to be remembered as the year the world came together

Tony Blair: I suffer doubts over Iraq

Let me attempt another version

Brown at Davos: I want 2009 to be remembered as the year I saved my premiership and secured Labour a 4th term, no matter what short term policies are made, and what decisions I make, that you the taxpayer will suffer from for years to come.

Tony Blair: I supported Bush over Iraq so as to be seen as a world statesman, and to ensure my place in world history.  Only now with Bush gone, and that I have picked up the Presidential Medal, can I say I have since had doubts.

Digg This

1 comment:

  1. Get your 'bashing Blair' facts straight. He said the same thing long before he left office. In fact in 2003 - shortly after making the decision. Of course he had doubts. That's the burden of responsibility.

    http://www.onpointradio.org/shows/2003/09/britains-tony-blair-defends-war-in-iraq-decision/

    ReplyDelete