28 January 2009

Cameron chokes on Brown

Excellent interview with Cameron in Wednesday’s Indy.  This section is worth highlighting.

"I choked on my porridge this morning," David Cameron said. He wasn't joking about his favourite breakfast food at his family's regular 7.30am start to the day in Notting Hill, west London. What stuck in his throat yesterday was a newspaper report of Gordon Brown describing the economic crisis as "the birth pangs of a new global order."

The Tory leader is still angry about it six hours later when The Independent interviews him in his Westminster office overlooking the river Thames. The Brown Government, he declares, is "in a state of denial" about the economy. "Imagine how you would feel if you had just had your home repossessed, lost your job or couldn't get credit: 'It's all right, I'm just a birth pang.' It was a bit of a moment."

I am glad Dave agrees with my post below

Digg This

No comments:

Post a Comment