So far, so good:
- John Humphrys gets stuck down a cul-de-sac in his interview with Gordon Brown;
- New car sales up 26% last month, which means Q1 GDP figures on 23rd April will be positive;
- The Lib Dems chip-in with a new poster: "Tory VAT bombshell: you'd pay £389 more a year in VAT under the Conservatives."
- Brown, Mandelson and Darling demolish the flimsy claims the Tories are making on public spending and “efficiency savings”
- The press become obsessed about Charlie Whelan’s Commons pass and the roll Sarah Brown is playing on the hustings; and
- At the Tory press conference all we get is a glitzy presentation in the presence of a retired film star, who was a tax exile for nearly ten years. And for good measure, Michael Caine goes off message saying: "This Government is doing a wonderful job..."
And as an added bonus, James Macintyre spells Humphrys’s name incorrectly.